Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Blogging

Recently I was assigned to cover a feature story and two short technical articles on the subject of blogging.

I started off the feature by introducing a blog site that I frequently visited of a soldier who is facing the daily tension at the war zone 'live' in Iraq. The site which details the daily life of an infantry machine gunner situated in Iraq is found at
http://cbftw.blogspot.com.

The feature covered interviews with various people on the subject of blogging, including adults, teachers, and students. Quotes were taken from different people, including Jack Neo, JanNiCe and Sara-Ann K.

The feature ended in a melancholy note on the contrast of the different people writing blogs. Some write to express their joy while others write for a cause. For the soldier in Iraq, it is a matter of life and death. It is about informing family members and the public of the stituation and about how he faces each day with courage, fear, and uncertainty.
The two other technical articles detail the instructions of how to become a blogger, how to create blogs, and how to add sound and pictures. The first talks about blog and the second about moblog.

As to which magazine I am writing for, all I can say is that it is an educational magazine, and the the articles are for the Sep/Oct 2004 issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RickTR
Posted on: 2004/8/13 0:21 @ bloggerforum.com

As a political science/prelaw major should, I love writing. I particularly love reading writing. Which is good, because that is basically my entire coursework in a nutshell. Read and read and read. I like your site and I get the feeling a lot of bloggers out there are aspiring writers, at least at one point in their lives. I find it especially interesting that you write in Singapore as I'm from Florida, USA (basically really far away). Nice Blog, It earned a spot on my bookmarked list.

P.S. I like that soldier's blog as well.

ShareThis